Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Olympics 2012

Tickets for the London 2012 Summer Olympic games officially went on sale yesterday, March 15th. Since then, I think I've noticed a lot of energy buzzing around the London Olympics.

First, I tweeted about the official Countdown Clock being set up in Trafalgar Square yesterday, marking 500 days until July 27, 2012. (This date also happens to represent my 22nd birthday!) The BT Tower also had a nice little fireworks display to celebrate the 500 day mark.

This morning, I read on the BBC that the Countdown Clock had also broken down yesterday. Which is just depressing. Honestly, it seems like a bad omen, doesn't it?

Then I read how Iran dislikes the London 2012 Olympics symbol, because it apparently spells "Zion."

Uh, ok?

They are also having problems in the ticket sales, as only Visa cardholders are able to buy them online at the moment.

Ok, minor glitches. Still, what is going on with the Olympics? Or is it the '2012' part? Eek.

Either way, these are all problems that I hope London gets sorted out before the Opening Ceremony begins. Not only because I think they're going to be fantastic in London, but because I will probably be going crazy with happiness watching them on my birthday.

In other news, there was a Chelsea football fan march down my block in London just before 6 p.m. tonight. I was just hanging out in my room, when I suddenly hear people chanting down the street. And when I open my window, there are hundred of men, dressed in Chelsea blue and white, walking down the street on their way to the Chelsea match.

Uh, awesome?

There were also some policemen on horses to the left of this shot, and police cars followed behind them. All the fans were singing (what I'm guessing are) Chelsea songs and I was reminded of the whole college football pre-party. (Badgers!)

So I hope Chelsea wins tonight.

That's all for now! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment