Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Imperial War Museum


This post is otherwise known as: London Tourist Weekend, Part Two.

We decided to check out the Imperial War Museum, which is known as one of the biggest and best museums in the country, if not the world. Since for Britain this museum could basically include everything from 1,000 years ago onwards, it basically divides the last 100 years ago into three parts: World War 1, World War 2 and Post-1945 conflicts.



Confession: I didn't really take that many pictures of this one... Sorry.

This is partly because I had already seen most of it before when I came to London the last time. Which is fine, because it's well worth seeing again and I felt like I could take in more of the museum.

(Wait, we have some time to read the signs and not just take pictures?)

This is also partly because "taking in" the museum is a little overwhelming. It hits you just how differently Europe was affected by the World Wars than the United States.

Anyway, since I'm not going to lecture anyone, I'm just going to leave some pictures and tell you to visit it if you ever go to London.

Giant statue of the iconic Nazi images. This was actually a photo that was spread over the wall.





A car that was blown up in the Middle East.

No comments:

Post a Comment