Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Nod

The biggest small story of Thursday, January 20, 2011 occurred when I practically jogged through Parliament behind my MP in order to sit in the visitors of the actual House of Commons chamber. The Culture, Media and Sport Committee was having a smaller debate, mostly centered around the London Olympics in 2012.

So we were going through this pretty little corridor off the Central Lobby which leads to the Commons chamber. All of a sudden this procession comes through and my MP motions quickly for me to sit down on the green benches lining the hallway while he remains standing.

Anyway, included in this little procession is this guy, the Speaker of the House of Commons. He smiled at my MP, and then probably partly because he didn't recognize me or because I was one of the only people there, he continues to give me a nod and a smile too.

Yeah, I got the nod from the Speaker of the House of Commons.

My MP joked that it made my day, but it kind of actually did.

No comments:

Post a Comment