Monday, February 7, 2011

In the News

The Super Bowl was yesterday! Usually I just watch the Super Bowl every year to see the awesome advertisements. I seriously mute the TV during the game, and watch the commercials. It's fun. Unfortunately I've had to check out all the $3 million dollar ads on YouTube this year. Still, seeing this was one of the best parts of the morning after coverage:


I've watched this three times today. Once at work without the sound on.

I did stay up to watch the game a little bit. Mostly because, instead of ads, BBC had some random commentators talking about the game. We're pretty sure one of them didn't even know what a receiver was.

Quality.

I can't disclose who I rooted for though, because my Dad will disown me if I rooted for the Packers, and I'm pretty sure I'd lose half my friends if I rooted for the Steelers.

Anyway, you Wisconsin folks will be glad to know you got a full page in the London Evening Standard. Except it was mostly about Christina Aguilera messing up the national anthem, the Black Eyed Peas, and a shot of George Bush. Instead, the game was reduced, not to a sentence, but a clause:

Former president George Bush, and film stars Jennifer Aniston, Michael Douglas and wife Catherine Zeta-Jones were in the crowd in Texas to watch the Green bay Packers beat the Pittsburgh Steelers 31-25.
That's it. Well, and this bit about Aaron Rodgers at the bottom of the Sport section.

So what's happening in British news?

-Chelsea lost against Liverpool in their first game after the 50 million pound deal to sign Tores, who played for Liverpool previously. That was kind of a big deal. I was slightly and irrationally a little worried about walking outside after the game... I also still want a Chelsea scarf.

-Assange's trial. In the standard, there's a big headline that his extradition "will risk him being sent to Guantanamo" and his lawyer said, "there is a real risk that he could be subject to the death penalty." There's a more in-depth article on BBC.

And since it's only Monday, I'll leave any more news for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment